Bake sales can provide good fundraising opportunities for non-profit organizations (schools, sports teams, etc.). If you are desiring to have a bake sale to raise funds for your organization, submit an application to your local health department for approval.
- Packaging and labeling is required for all products, see KRS 217.136(3)(a)-(f) for specifics
- Foods not permitted for bake sales include:
- Pies made with cream, meringue, or pumpkin
- Cream-filled cakes, cupcakes muffins, or doughnuts
- Frosting and fillings made with cream cheese
- Home-canned foods
- Any product that requires temperature (cold or hot) maintenance
For more specific details, please review the guidelines for bake sales and home-produced baked goods. Submit your application to your local Health Environmentalist at least five working days prior to your event.
Carroll County Health Center – (502) 732-6641
Gallatin County Health Center – (859) 567-2844
Owen County Health Center – (502) 484-5736
Pendleton County Health Center – (859) 654-6985