Environmental Health Inspections
Environmental Health Specialists…
…are responsible for a number of mandated inspection programs for food services establishments and public facilities in addition to general community sanitation and onsite sewage disposal systems
Environmental Health staff strives for disease prevention through routine inspections and permitting as well as investigating complaints and community concerns. Investigations of public health nuisances such as illegal garbage disposal, failing septic systems and vector harborage areas are also conducted on a regular basis by staff.
Food manufacturing inspections are done on bakeries, bottling plants, distilleries, food manufacturing plants, food storage warehouses, grain storage elevators and vending machines. Examples of facilities inspected are below. Additionally, a link to the regulations of requirements for these facilities is available.
- Food Service Establishments (including restaurants, retail markets, etc) Kentucky Food Code
- Temporary Food Establishments (including event vendors, concessions, fund raising activities, etc.)
- Mobile Home and Recreational Vehicle Parks Kentucky Manufactured Home code
- Public Swimming Pools and Beaches Kentucky Public Swimming and Bathing Facilities Regulation
- Hotels and Motels Kentucky Hotel and Motel Code
- Schools Kentucky School Sanitation Code
- Septic Tank Cleaning Vehicles Kentucky Septic Tank Servicing Code
- Youth Camps Kentucky Youth Camp Code
As part of the ongoing effort to “Educate and Empower with Every Encounter”, Three Rivers District Board of Health passed a mandatory Swimming Pool Operator training requirement in our service area. The goal of the training is to better prepare operators for chemical and safety issues that can quickly arise in public swimming facilities and to prevent water borne illnesses. The cost of the class will be $30 per person and the training certificate will last 2 years. All swimming pools within Three Rivers ‘ service area will be required to have at least one trained individual on staff.
For information about Swimming Pool Operator Training Course offerings, contact Justin Pittman at 502-484-3412