Frequently Asked Questions

We offer preventative care services at each Health Center such as immunizations, STD testing and treatment and disease investigation. All primary care services such as physicals, illness or disease management should be handled by your medical doctor. If you have a medical emergency you should always call 911.

Yes, under the Health Information Portability & Accountability Act, your information is kept strictly confidential. Our staff completes annual HIPAA trainings and your information is kept with the utmost security.

Local tax dollars make up a considerable amount of our annual budget. All residents in this county receive health department services on a daily basis that you may not be aware of. The restaurants you and your family visit are kept clean and safe, children and adults receive immunizations that help prevent the spread of disease, and education of healthy lifestyles occur on a daily basis, among many other services.

Currently we do not accept credit or debit cards.

No, you do not need parental consent. The Federal Title X program allows the Health Department to provide these. You can call your Health Center and make an appointment to see a nurse practitioner or registered nurse to receive these services.

Bed bugs and lice are no fun! However, those pesky problems are not considered a public health hazard. You can speak to any of our health environmentalists for tips on prevention and treatment, but we cannot treat the problem.

See article: A Parent’s Guide to Preventing the Spread of Bed Bugs

These services are offered by your local Department for Community Based Services. The number for DCBS is (855) 306-8959.

The three rivers consist of the Ohio River, the Kentucky River, and the Licking River, which are the three major rivers within our service area. Three Rivers District Health Department was formed July 1, 1975 in a collaborative effort between Carroll, Gallatin, Owen, and Pendleton counties. The four counties determined they could combine their efforts and resources to best serve our communities and protect the public health of our district.

Yes, Three Rivers District Health Department has a KYNECTOR who is certified to assist you with obtaining health insurance via the Kentucky Health Benefit Exchange. Please call (502) 484-5736 and ask to speak with our KYNECTOR.

Meet Splash, Three River’s mascot! Splash makes appearances at community events, as well as in our schools and encourages you to Splash Into Health!