National Nutrition Month®
March is National Nutrition Month®
1st Week - Eat with the environment in mind
- Enjoy more plant-based meals and snacks.
- Purchase foods with minimal packaging.
- Buy foods in season and shop locally when possible.
- Start a container or backyard garden to grow food at home.
2nd Week - See a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN)
- Ask your doctor for a referral to an RDN.
- Find an RDN who specializes in your unique needs.
- Learn how nutrient needs may change with age.
- Receive personalized nutrition information to meet your health goals.
3rd Week - Stay nourished and save money
- Plan your meals and snacks.
- See what food you have at home before purchasing more.
- Use a grocery list and shop sales when purchasing food.
- Learn about community resources such as SNAP, WIC and local food banks.
4th Week - Eat a variety of foods from all food groups
- Include your favorite cultural foods and traditions.
- Eat foods in various forms including fresh, frozen, canned, and dried.
- Avoid fad diets that promote unnecessary restrictions.
- Practice gratitude for your body by giving it the fuel it needs.
5th Week - Make tasty foods at home
- Learn cooking and meal preparation skills.
- Try new flavors and foods from around the world.
- Find creative ways to use leftovers rather than tossing them.
- Create happy memories by eating with friends and family when possible.
Links and Resources