National Nutrition Month®
Links and Resources
Smart Tips for Successful Meals
Healthful eating tips for vegetarians
20 Ways to Enjoy More Fruits & Vegetables
Shop smart – Get the Facts on the New Food Labels
Smart Snacking Tips for Kids
Smart Tips to Power Up with Breakfast
Smart Tips to Make Physicial Activity Part of Your Day
March is National Nutrition Month®
Week 1 - Eat a variety of nutritious foods
- Include healthful foods from all food groups.
- Learn how to read Nutrition Facts labels.
- Incorporate your favorite cultural foods and traditions.
Week 2 - See a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN)
- Ask your doctor for a referral to an RDN.
- Find an RDN who specializes in your unique needs.
- Receive personalized nutrition information to meet your health goals.
Week 3 - Plan your meals and snacks
- Choose healthful recipes to make during the week.
- Use a grocery list to shop for nutritious foods.
- Make healthful food and drink choices when away from home.
Week 4 - Create tasty foods at home
- Learn cooking and meal preparation skills.
- Try new flavors and foods from around the world.
- Enjoy your meals with friends or family, when possible.
Week 5 - Put it all together
- Eat a variety of nutritious foods.
- See a Registered Dietician Nutritionist (RDN)
- Plan your meals and snacks.
- Create tasty foods at home.